Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Textiles is to allow learners to explore, develop and test their creativity within a qualification structure which is stimulating and demanding.
This is a practical qualification suitable for all learners with an interest in fashion and textiles.
The OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Textiles is focused on fashion and textile techniques and processes, ideas generation in fashion and textiles, design and innovation, fashion and textiles realisations, personal and professional development in the apparel industry and a final major project.
The aims of the course are to enable learners to develop:
- textile construction techniques
- the ability to make basic fashion/textile items
- knowledge of textile properties and characteristics
- knowledge of a range of factors that influence fashion/textile choice
- knowledge of fashion/textile trends
- the ability to select and use relevant tools and equipment safely
- decision-making and reviewing and evaluation skills
The OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Textiles qualification allows learners to acquire a range of key skills required to work in the fashion and textile industry or follow fashion-related undergraduate studies.
OTHM qualifications at Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
London College of Professional Studies provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access LCPS online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Access Free Online library.
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
The program is available in 2 duration modes:
- 10 months
- 12 months
This course is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)
- Blended Learning
Level 3 qualifications can be offered to learners from age 16.
Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Textiles qualification consists of 6 mandatory units, for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 630 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Unit ref. No.||Mandatory units||Credit||GLH|
|K/618/8137||Introduction to Fashion and Textiles Techniques and Processes||14||70|
|M/618/8138||Ideas Generation in Fashion and Textiles||16||80|
|T/618/8139||Design and Innovation||20||100|
|K/618/8140||Fashion And Textiles Realisations||20||100|
|M/618/8141||Personal And Professional Development in the Apparel Industry||20||100|
|T/618/8142||Final Major Project||30||180|
Successful completion of the Level 3 Diploma in Fashion and Textiles provides learners with the opportunity for workplace and academic progressions or student can entered into the employment
Assessment is via assignment submission