The objective of the OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice qualification is to develop strategic management and leadership skills for managers who have the authority and personal attributes to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance.
This qualification reflects current practice in Strategic Management and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry. The qualification has a clear work-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside theoretical fundamentals.
Learners completing the OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice can progress to a university partner to discuss a research proposal for DBA/DProf/PhD or directly into employment in an associated profession.
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills.
- investigate issues and opportunities.
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational, and environmental issues.
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways.
- make use of relevant information from different sources.
- develop and encourage problem-solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges.
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social, and other transferable skills.
London College of Professional Studies provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning, and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access LCPS online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Access Free Online library.
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
The programme is accredited by OTHM an Ofqual Regulated Qualification.
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 12 Months
- 18 Months
The Qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression Level 7 Qualification or; Master’s Degree In certain circumstances, managers with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
The OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership consists of 5 mandatory units and 3 optional units making a combined total of 180 credits
- Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Potential (20 credits)
- Managing Strategic Change (20 credits)
- Project Development, Planning and Management (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Design and Methodologies (40 credits)
- Developing Research Capability (20 credits)
Optional units: Choose any THREE:
- Globalisation and Corporate Governance (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (20 credits
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Supply Chain and Operations Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
Learners completing the OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice can progress to a university partner to discuss a research proposal for DBA/DProf/Ph.D. or directly into employment in an associated profession.
The qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
Assessment is via assignment submission only