OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management course at London College of Professional Studies. It is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in logistics and supply chain management. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. They will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the sector. They combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the profession and will also help develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective planning, risk assessment and forecasting. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within logistics and supply chain management.
The Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem-solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
London College of Professional Studies provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and In-class learning. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to interact with tutors and we also provide students with the LCPS online portal where they can see all the study notes, assignments briefing and online library.
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
This Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)
The programme is delivered in 2 methods:
For entry onto the Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- The learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Level 5 qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
|Unit Ref. No.||Unit title||Unit Level||Unit Credit|
|M/617/6040||Purchasing, Supplier Management and Negotiation||5||20|
|T/617/6041||Supply Chain Management||5||20|
|A/617/6042||Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility||5||20|
|J/617/6044||Supply Chain Risk Assessment and Forecasting||5||20|
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to a relevant OTHM Level 6 Diploma.
Depending on which part of the supply chain you are in, your day-to-day tasks may include:
- working with procurement managers and buyers to select products that are in demand and will sell
- negotiating and managing contracts with suppliers
- planning the best way to get goods from suppliers to distribution centers and retailers
- tracking shipments and stock levels using computer software
- looking at ways to improve supply chain networks
- monitoring overall performance to make sure targets are met
- preparing forecasts and inventories
Assessment is via assignment submission.