Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The objective of the Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to develop learners’ management knowledge and skills within the tourism and hospitality industry. Learners will critically evaluate contemporary knowledge and theories and use these to propose solutions to complex management problems.
Successful completion of the qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and knowledge they need to plan and manage their work areas, to make effective decisions, and to adapt effectively to the needs of a range of tourism and hospitality organisations.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
The programme is available in 2 delivery modes:
- In class
For entry of Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
The Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Unit Ref. No.||Mandatory unit title||Credit||GLH||TQT|
|D/616/2683||Tourism Policy and Planning||20||80||200|
|L/616/2677||Organisational Behaviour and Performance||20||80||200|
|L/616/2680||Technology in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry||20||80||200|
|R/616/2681||Tourism and International Development||20||80||200|
|Y/616/2682||Researching Tourism and Hospitality Management||20||80||200|
Successful completion of Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including relevant OTHM Level 7 Diplomas. This qualification has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As the Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant Master’s degree programmes. For more information visit University Progressions page.
Assessment is via assignment submission
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)
Monthly Payment breakdown
Intial Deposit ( including registration)
6 Monthly instalments