Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The objective of the Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to enable learners’ development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation. It enables learners to critically apply contemporary knowledge and theories to the management of complex problems. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and technical terminology to develop their management skills and to progress to further study or employment.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
The programme is available in 2 delivery modes:
- In class
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Diploma or equivalent
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
The Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Unit Ref. No.||Mandatory unit title||Credit||GLH||TQT|
|F/616/2966||Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality||20||80||200|
|R/616/2969||Customer Relations Management||20||80||200|
|D/616/2974||Human Resource Management||20||80||200|
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme. For more information visit University Progressions page.
Assessment is via assignment submission
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)
Single Payment = £1200
Monthly Payment breakdown
Initial Deposit ( including registration). = £250
5 Monthly instalments = £190