OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology is designed to ensure that each learner is a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change at a junior or middle management level and aspiring into higher management within their organisation or industry. The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business
What’s Lcps providing?
- Duration of the course you will be supported by tutor via our learning platform.
- Assessment will be provided by the tutors to improve the learners’ achievements. This includes providing formative feedback.
- Course materials include structured lecture notes, practical applications which includes real-world examples, and case studies that will enable you to apply your knowledge.
- Assessment materials are accessible through our online learning platform.
- A comprehensive e-library which contains recommended study texts and reference books for online reading.
- Supervision of all modules.
- Our online learning platform has multiplatform accessibility. London College of Professional Studies deliver Othm coursesstraight to your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop and students can study whenever or wherever they prefer.
- Over 400 books in e-library
- Friendly portal
- Demo video
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
The programme is available in 2 delivery modes:
- Blended LearningIn class
- For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology qualification, learners must possess
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for thex programme)
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits
|Unit Ref. No.||Unit title||Credit||GLH||TQT|
|R/617/3034||Advanced Computer Networks||20||80||200|
|Y/617/3035||Advanced Data Analytics||20||80||200|
|D/617/3036||Advanced Database Management Systems||20||80||200|
|H/617/3037||Management Information Systems||20||80||200|
|K/617/3038||Computers, Society and Law||20||80||200|
Successful completion of Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 7 Diplomas. The Level 6 Diploma in Information Technology has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant Master’s degree programmes. For more information visit University Progressions page.
Assessment is via assignment submission
The programme is accredited by OTHM regulated by Ofqual
Monthly Payment breakdown
Intial Deposit ( including registration)
6 Monthly instalments